The amazing thing about a Blaser R8 is that you do not need to purchase an entire second rifle to create another capability. On a Blaser R8 you can change the purpose of your rifle by changing the calibre!
Every Blaser barrel comes with the appropriate magazine insert. If you are changing calibre group, you will also need another bolt head. Check out the attached Calibre overview chart for the calibre groups (left column).
Over the long run, owning several barrels instead of several custom grade full rifles will make your hobby much more cost effective. Don't change the whole rifle, just use the same system, same muscle memory, same safety system, same exquisite trigger, same outstanding ergonomics, same high level of precision and outstanding accuracy.
Every Blaser barrel is match grade. Blaser have no lower quality grade.
- 17mm diameter at the muzzle.
- Nitride surface treatment of the bore and chamber means less throat and bore erosion resulting in longer accurate barrel life.
- Nitride surface treatment of the outer surface means less susceptibility to corrosion by oxidisation. It also makes the surface extremely hard, preventing impacts from harming the smooth steel surface.
- Perfectly concentric bore, chamber and barrel surface thanks to Blasers proprietary hammer forge and finishing processes. Unlike lesser brands, Blaser barrels do not exhibit a loss of precision or POI shift as they heat up due to the micron perfect concentricity of the barrels. Also the Steel used in their construction is of the highest quality and consistency meaning that there are no heat warping problems due to varying steel homogeneity found in lesser brands.
- Blasers unique 360 degree bolt locking interface and self centering bolt head provide perfect cartridge alignment to the bore resulting in better precision and accuracy.
- Fitted with Blaser scope mount detents. The ultimate choice in scope mounts that can be removed and replaced with NO loss of zero, ever.
- Standard length for MI/ST group cartridges is 58cm or shortened to 52cm.
- Standard length for MA group cartridges is 65cm or shortened to 58cm.
- With an appropriate high quality optic it is possible to share one scope over multiple barrels. This can make owning several barrels a very economic over the longer run.
- Same price with or without open sights
- Magazine insert comes with the barrel
- Shortening incurs a surcharge
- Muzzle threads incur a surcharge
- Fluted barrels are listed as a separate product, check them out!
- Match (heavy) barrels and Semi-Weight barrels are listed separately, check them out!
- Most barrels kept in stock in NZ are fitted with muzzle thread.
Just get hold of us and let us know what your desired barrel is and we'll make it happen!